suse 7.0 firewall & proxy

Post by Berge » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 17:01:57

Hi
I Have set up a suse box with suse firewall script and squid proxy server.
All works fine but ping from an windows machine doesnt go through the
firewall. Any ideas what I have to do. Port 7 is set in
fw_services_(external/dmz/internal)tcp and udp. Ping from the firewall to
the internet works. The windows clients have an 192.168 ip address the
firewall has an registerated ip Address

internet <---|Suse firewall|-----|windows clients|

thanx for any help
Bj?rn

1. Netscape 7.0 & SuSe 7.0

I am an intermediate linux user.

I have SuSe 7.0 Professional and have just received the new Netscape 7.0
CD-ROM.  It is supposed to install on linux.  It was tested on RedHat 6.2
and greater.

When I mount the CD, Open the Linux folder, and click on the install script
nothing happens.  It appears that I have the required packages installed (glibc,
etc.)

Any suggestions??

Paul

For Email remove the "Z"

2. --<!HELP!>-- Runtime 0000

3. SuSE Linux 7.0 && SuSEfirewall

4. gnomePPP

5. ftp client proxy ms proxy firewall http proxy unix

6. bind 9 in Red Hat 7.2

7. Mail proxy under SuSE 7.0

8. Summary: Lan Manager -> SS1000

9. experience with suse 7.0 firewall ? (ipchains with susefrrewall)

10. Firewall and proxy with Suse linux 6.1

11. SuSE 7.0 & Fritz!Card PCI

12. Dell Inspiron 8000 & Suse Linux 7.0

13. MAJOR PROBLEM: G4 Cube & SuSE 7.0 PPC