"korn" mail checker: suddenly stopped seeing new mail?

"korn" mail checker: suddenly stopped seeing new mail?

Post by Anders Gorm Pederse » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 01:21:14

Hi all!

I recently upgraded to SuSE 7.3 (from SuSE 7.2) and am running KDE 2.2.2.
All in all things work beautifully, EXCEPT that after the upgrade my email
checker (korn, docked in the panel) has stopped working. Specifically, it
does not discover new mails, meaning the little counter is on zero all the
time. I'm completely clueless as to why this is so, so any ideas would be
greatly appreciated!

Briefly, my mail setup is as follows: my email arrives in standard mbox
format in /var/mail/$user on another, locally networked machine (a Silicon
Graphics running IRIX 6.5). I've set my machine up so that /var/mail/$user
on my machine points to /var/mail/$user on the other machine, and that is
the mail file I've set up korn to poll. (Incidentally - I AM able to access
that folder and read email using pine on my machine.) Strangely, this all
worked before the upgrade... Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!

--
Anders Gorm Pedersen, Ph.D.
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, www.cbs.dtu.dk

Post by domi » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 02:04:24

> Hi all!

> I recently upgraded to SuSE 7.3 (from SuSE 7.2) and am running KDE 2.2.2.
> All in all things work beautifully, EXCEPT that after the upgrade my email
> checker (korn, docked in the panel) has stopped working. Specifically, it
> does not discover new mails, meaning the little counter is on zero all the
> time. I'm completely clueless as to why this is so, so any ideas would be
> greatly appreciated!

> Briefly, my mail setup is as follows: my email arrives in standard mbox
> format in /var/mail/$user on another, locally networked machine (a Silicon
> Graphics running IRIX 6.5). I've set my machine up so that /var/mail/$user
> on my machine points to /var/mail/$user on the other machine, and that is
> the mail file I've set up korn to poll. (Incidentally - I AM able to access
> that folder and read email using pine on my machine.) Strangely, this all
> worked before the upgrade... Any ideas anyone?

> Thanks in advance!

check if korn is configured correctly, or file a bug report
domi

1. "korn" mail checker: suddenly stopped seeing new mail?

Hi!

[...]

2. Help X windows

3. problems piping from "split" to "mail" (split | mail)

4. Change browser for dtmail

5. Sendmail: mails rejected with "550-unrouteable mail domain "blade150.lafr.de""

6. Helllllp!!!!! Unformat ext2fs

7. open(MYP, "| ftp) or "mail" stopped working with Solaris 2.4

8. kernel: general protection: 0000

10. Local Mail (using "mail") Does Not Get Delivered?

11. Looking for "voice mail"/"answering machine" software

12. "mail" program - necessary to run mail server myself to e-mail to Internet?

13. Mail for user "backup" going to "root"