3d voodoo banshee-- gateway 450 video card

3d voodoo banshee-- gateway 450 video card

Post by Marcus Vorwalle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm looking for a driver for this video card-- 3d voodoo banshee.  it's a
gateway pII450.  I have two versions of linux, caldera on my partitioned
hard drive and winlinux2000 on my regular fat32 drive (w/ windows98).
neither work properly because i don't have the correct drivers.  (i'm
assuming that's the problem anyway

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

Post by Sean » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I'm looking for a driver for this video card-- 3d voodoo banshee.  it's a
> gateway pII450.  I have two versions of linux, caldera on my partitioned
> hard drive and winlinux2000 on my regular fat32 drive (w/ windows98).
> neither work properly because i don't have the correct drivers.  (i'm
> assuming that's the problem anyway

>                     http://www.searchlinux.com

Look at http://mlug.missouri.edu/~blewis for the Xserver for that card

1. Can't change video resolutions for 3D Blaster Banshee Video Card

Does anyone know how I can change the resolution of my 3D Blaster
Banshee Video Card in Linux? I've been struggling with this problem for
a while now. The resolution by default was set very high after I
downloaded the 3D Blaster Banshee Linux Driver from Creative
(XF_Banshee_1.01.tar.gz.
    I already tried to run Xconfigurator but my video card was not in
the list so I chose the Unlisted Option. However, I could find the
chipset that I have in the next list which is the Banshee Chipset. Now
that I was unable to find the proper hardware that I had in
Xconfigurator I'm unable to proceed to change resolutions.
    I called Linux support but they weren't much help and I just found
out that Creative does not support this driver. If anyone here has had
the same problem and has resolved it, please contact me. I really want
to know how I can solve this.

Thanks for Reading

2. Upgrading the kernel

3. Help w. Video Card- Voodoo Banshee

4. ATi Graphics Ultra: WTF?

5. 3D Banshee Video Card Problem... help?

6. [RESEND x 3] A generic RTC driver [0/3]

7. Creative Banshee 2D/3D Video Card Driver

8. SIGBUS on i386 arch

9. Creative Labs Banshee 3D video Card

10. Video problems with Sun 450, PGX32 Video Adapter and Solaris 2.6

11. Voodoo Banshee Linux video drivers??

12. One dual PII 450 PC vs two PII 450 PCs for FreeDSB firewall + Apache

13. Installing Solaris 450 on a Sun 450 - help!