Need Help with LILO it won't boot 95

Post by Jim » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I am running LILO and made the mistake of installing it on my boot sector.
So it comes up and asks me what I want to boot DOS or LINUX, Linux starts
fine Dos says it's starting but doesn't.  It just stalls.  I've tried
removing all partitions and formating the drive and re-installing dos.
LILO is still in the boot record, how do I get rid of it?  I want to run
Linux but I want to do it from a floppy, I have a feeling I'll be better
off that way.

Need Help with LILO it won't boot 95

Post by Ranelen Mithro » Sun, 14 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I am running LILO and made the mistake of installing it on my boot sector.
>So it comes up and asks me what I want to boot DOS or LINUX, Linux starts
>fine Dos says it's starting but doesn't.  It just stalls.  I've tried
>removing all partitions and formating the drive and re-installing dos.
>LILO is still in the boot record, how do I get rid of it?  I want to run
>Linux but I want to do it from a floppy, I have a feeling I'll be better
>off that way.

From dos, its easy, just do fdisk /mbr :)  it'll wipe the master boot
record
"It's trivial to make fun of Microsoft products, but it takes a real man
to make them work, and a god to make them do anything useful"
        - Anonymous

1. *** lilo won't boot win' 95 ***

Greetings everybody!

Installed linux a couple of weeks ago. I really like the way it works.

I am having a progblem though Windows '95 won't boot up.

The reason being is that I formated the linux drive as a linux file system
and therefore both dos and win'95 won't recognise it anymore.

This puts Windows '95 on a different drive than it should be and when I
try to boot-up it says "Can't find Win.com" among other  stuff.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Mark

2. How to figure out BaseAddr/IRQ??

3. 'Help, I need to repartition a full HDD from win 95'

4. Email-Trouble after SuSE Update

5. Upp'd to Win '95, Lost LILO

6. What is causing collisions on my lan?

7. Help needed with Motorola 28.8 modem - Win'95 better than linux???

8. Trouble with columns

9. LILO vs Win 95 Boot Manager

10. Win 95 + Linux + LILO doesn't work anymore :(

11. Dual Boot Solaris 2.6 and Win 95...doesn't seem to work

12. Win '95 and SCO 5.0 dual boot

13. Solarix_x86 2.4 boot manager and Win'95