Install Slackware 3.0 from CDROM.

Post by pzha » Thu, 04 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to install Slackware from a Panasonic 2x (521) CDROM.
I did create the two installation floppy disks and setup the Linux native and
swap partitions. Linux can'nt not see the CDROM. What can I do without copy the
data to DOS partition for installation??

Phil
--

Quote:>% exit

exit: Command not found

Quote:>% quit

quit: Command not found

Quote:>% abort

abort: Command not found

Quote:>% beer

oh, ... yyyes! ...

[...]

1. Installing from CDROM and Slackware 3.0 (ELF)

Hi everyone:

We have this machine Pentium running at 100 MHz and a cdrom
drive with the following description:

IDE port: secondary
IRQ line: 15
I/O address used: 170H
Creative Labs 6x CDROM (SoundBlaster)

We have one hard drive (1GB), and we have followed the instructions
in the pamphlet that accompanies Slackware 3.0. The boot and root disks
are obtained from the cdrom in DOS without any problem. During the
boot time, the boot disk probes the hardware to detect the cdrom drive,
but it can not find it. When we call setup to install from the cd,
the cdrom is not recognized.

What do we do? How can we tell the Lilo program in the boot disk
the right address for the cdrom drive? I know there are other options
to install Linux, but it would be interesting to find a solution
to this problem without using the other options.

Yours,

                               Jorge Romero

2. Please help me out! I can't get into my linux

3. Using Panasonic CR562J CDROM to install Slackware 3.0

4. where is PPP?

5. Installing 'X' from SlackWare 2.2.0 in a SlackWare 3.0 system?

6. New site to open blocked sites, and prohibited and encoded

7. Boot problem from ftp.cdrom.com Slackware 3.0 download.

8. Need help with packet filtering

9. Slackware 3.0 + ISP16 + 8000AT CDROM

10. Slackware 3.0 CDROM Set

11. SlackWare 3.0 Updated CDROM!!