setting text size for terminal

Post by Robert Gra » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

How do I change the text size in the terminal window? I am running
Caldera Open Linux 2.2. Tia

Post by Colin Wats » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>How do I change the text size in the terminal window? I am running
>Caldera Open Linux 2.2. Tia

Look at SVGATextMode.

--

Trinity College, Cambridge, and Computer Science         [riva.ucam.org]
"Then hast thou joined the ARPANET? / Oh come to me, my bankrupt boy!

1. Terminal Text Size

I just got my "BSD Decktop Edition" with 800 pg book,
Applix 5.0, Partition Magic, etc.  WOW what a package.
It came with 4.1 CD's but they are sending me the new
4.2 CD's.

What I'd like to know from some previous Linux user is
how I can change the text on my non-gui terminals?
In Linux I can add a "vga=290" to the "/etc/lilo.conf"
file and when I re-boot my terminals are 100 chars x 30 lines.
I think this is done by "frambuffer" (sorry I havn't a clue as
to what that means.  I just know it works.)

Any way to do this in FreeBSD??

Thanks in advance for your help.  I have 800 pages to read :)

--
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA
chris at cwaiken dot com,   www.cwaiken.com

2. Why Does Linux Arp All The Time?

3. text size in terminal

4. is any restriction using PCI NE2000 Lancard on solaris 2.5?

5. Tips for setting up a text terminal via serial port?

6. LILO and Large ( >1GB ) SCSI Drives

7. how to set up text terminals

8. swapping between X & VT ?

9. Setting up text terminal sessions on a linux box.

10. setting up a text terminal

11. How do I set the terminal size?

12. Problem getting/setting terminal size.

13. rlogin and terminal size settings