Help with DTC 3270 SCSI CONTROLLER

Post by R Fo » Wed, 25 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Can I use this controller to install LINUX.

Thanks for the heljp.

Post by Friedemann Baiting » Sat, 05 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>Can I use this controller to install LINUX.

i have such an animal. i am not sure though whether it is a
3270 or 3290. it is an EISA controller that's for sure. when
i installed linux for the first time about two years ago, linux
automatically detected the card as an Adaptec 1542. i am still
using it and linux still believes to talk to an Adaptev 1542.

i had problems with the DTC 32x0 with os/2. DTC released a new
set of EPROMS which, i guess, made the adapter even more
'Adaptec look-alike'. the new EPROMS didn't change a thing for
linux and os/2 works now too.
---