Q: Where can I download a good LINUX version

Q: Where can I download a good LINUX version

Post by Roel Lipsc » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Does somebody have a pointer to a good LINUX version.
It would be perfect if it is
   1. a recent version,
   2. accessible by ftp or on CD-ROM
   3. automatic installation (or at least the start :-) )

Thanks in advance,

Roel

Q: Where can I download a good LINUX version

Post by cver.. » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>Does somebody have a pointer to a good LINUX version.
>It would be perfect if it is
>   1. a recent version,
>   2. accessible by ftp or on CD-ROM
>   3. automatic installation (or at least the start :-) )

>Thanks in advance,

>Roel

I'd check out either Red Hat or Debian by FTP.

http://www.redhat.com/ for Red Hat
http://www.debian.org/ for Debian

If you plan to get Linux by FTP, I'd recommend going to a mirror site near
you instead of downloading it directly from the source.

If you want to buy the CD, I'd get Linux Systems Labs or Cheap*Bytes CD of
Red Hat or Debian.  (Linux Systems Labs and Cheap*Bytes are CD-ROM
publishers while Red Hat and Debian are "makers" of different versions of
Linux)

http://www.lsl.com/ for Linux Systems Labs
http://www.cheapbytes.com/ for Cheap*Bytes

Hope this helps.
--
Public PGP key: http://mfrisch.rogerswave.ca/~cvernon/cvpgp.txt

1. What Linux news readers are good for downloading Binaries?

I am trying to get away from windows as quickly as possible, and I was
wondering what news reader can download binaries. I am using knode to post
this and is excellent for everything else other than binaries IMHO.The
reason being is I am a huge Simpsons nut and would like download the
episodes from the newsgroups like I do in Windows using Xnews, which
unfortunately does not work in linux :( . Does anybody have any
suggestions. BTW I am using RH 7.3.
Thanks in advance.
--
"When mad count to 10, When really mad, Swear" Mark Twain

2. Solaris SPARC > WinNT Network

3. where I can download the 'securing and optimizing linux the ulimate version (version2.1)

4. Remote logon, how to?

5. Corel's Linux WP8 download version

6. REDHAT Installation

7. HOT!! 16 different versions of linux CD download

8. The ether sniffer is now up for ftp

9. how to install corel linux - download version

10. Asking to download Linux current version amd Sunsite

11. It's not bad canned meat...