Why wont it Install?????

Post by Nick Smi » Thu, 30 Mar 1995 09:31:21

I have an AMD 486 dx2 66 with 8megs and a conner 420mb, a tseng4000
and a run of the mill SVGA monitor, VLB hd/fd controller, SB pro, Mitsumi
single speed and an internal 19,200bps with 16550a UART.
I could create the LINUX boot disk ok, and the color144 and the tty144 disks.
Installation seems to go ok, I've made the swap partition, the Linux native
partition, and I've prepared the swap. It all goes wrong when I run setup.
The color144 disk either crashes imiediately, or scrolls the screen with hex
and error messages so fast, I can't even read it.
The tty144 disk, lets me start installation, it reaches the keyboard
remapping stage, then crashes too.
I noramlly run the machine fast (zero wait states, and everything set to the
max in CMOS), this is fine for dos, but after slowing the machine down, by
setting the auto-cpu detect to ON, this still doesn't help. Suggestions
anybody?????

1. Why wont my lilo install work?

I have a problem with running Win98 and Linux (slackware 7.0) on the same
computer. Even if Ive tried to install LILO several times now, windows
doesnt seem to give a damn, and it gladaly boots directly into this, now
annyoing, windows logotype. I guess windows does something to mbr that lilo
doesnt, but I cant figure out what?

Max Levelius

2. System 5 habitat and NFS v3 mounts

3. It`s IMPORTANT!!!

4. Device Driver DMA questions

5. Please Help....it′s a very small thing!!!!.PLEASE

6. win modems

7. Help me !!!!!! I have no Idea it′s crucial

8. Backing up our RH5.2 server

9. It`s IMPORTANT!!!

10. why wont this post?

11. Why wont gnone gwork?

12. Why wont my 32v42 M1 disk do anything?

13. Why Wont X Run Unless I am Root?