qt 1.42 won′t install

Post by Mark rawli » Tue, 09 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to install qt-1.42.
I downloaded the file qt-1_42_src.tar.gz and did
# gunzip ... then
#tar -xf
this gave me a file in the directory the g-zipped & `tared file was
in.

The .profile should be ok; it has a ref to QTDIR etc. (I am running
Redhat 5.1 & the
.profile file appears to be .bash_profile on my system.)

I then did # make linux-g++-shared

which went ok

and then # make which ended up with the following lines.

kernel/qimage.cpp:614 X11/Xlib.h: No such file or Directory
kernel/qimage.cpp:615 X11/Xutil.h: No such file or Directory
kernel/qimage.cpp:616 X11/Xos.h: No such file or Directory
kernel/qimage.cpp: In function `static enum QImage::Endian
QImage::systemBitOrder():
kernel/qimage.cpp:633:warning: implicit declaration of function `int
BitmapBitOrder(...)
kernel/qimage.cpp:633 `MSBFirst undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qimage.cpp:(Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
kernel/qimage.cpp:for each function it appears in.)
make [1]: *** [kernel/qimage.o] Error 1
make [1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/qt/src
make: *** [src] Error "

checking through the directories, there doesnt seem to be a file
named qimage.o

Can anyone help. I would rally like to try KDE out but I just cant
seen to get it installed.

P.S I have also tired the rpms withou success.

qt 1.42 won′t install

Post by Dave Robbin » Tue, 09 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> I am trying to install qt-1.42.
> I downloaded the file qt-1_42_src.tar.gz and did
> # gunzip ... then
> #tar -xf
> this gave me a file in the directory the g-zipped & `tared file was
> in.

> The .profile should be ok; it has a ref to QTDIR etc. (I am running
> Redhat 5.1 & the
> .profile file appears to be .bash_profile on my system.)

> I then did # make linux-g++-shared

> which went ok

> and then # make which ended up with the following lines.

> kernel/qimage.cpp:614 X11/Xlib.h: No such file or Directory
> kernel/qimage.cpp:615 X11/Xutil.h: No such file or Directory
> kernel/qimage.cpp:616 X11/Xos.h: No such file or Directory
> kernel/qimage.cpp: In function `static enum QImage::Endian
> QImage::systemBitOrder():
> kernel/qimage.cpp:633:warning: implicit declaration of function `int
> BitmapBitOrder(...)
> kernel/qimage.cpp:633 `MSBFirst undeclared (first use this function)
> kernel/qimage.cpp:(Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> kernel/qimage.cpp:for each function it appears in.)
> make [1]: *** [kernel/qimage.o] Error 1
> make [1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/qt/src
> make: *** [src] Error "

> checking through the directories, there doesnt seem to be a file
> named qimage.o

> Can anyone help. I would rally like to try KDE out but I just cant
> seen to get it installed.

> P.S I have also tired the rpms withou success.

I think you don't have the header files for X development installed
go to the rpm manager and look under X11/XFree86
you need to install the XFree86-devel package

BTW, KDE rules

Dave

qt 1.42 won′t install

Post by mar.. » Sat, 13 Feb 1999 04:00:00

On Mon, 08 Feb 1999 20:32:22 +0000, Dave Robbins

>I think you don't have the header files for X development installed
>go to the rpm manager and look under X11/XFree86
>you need to install the XFree86-devel package

>BTW, KDE rules

>Dave

Dear Dave Thanks for the tip. Now I have Qt 1.42 installed.....
but
I got Kdesupport installed ( rpm --rebuild kdesupport .....blah blah)
& then kdelibs in the same way ( rpm --rebuild kdelibs ....xxx..xxx.x)
then I was trying to rebuild kdebase & when checking the makefile
(I think thats what its  doing) the process conks out with the error
message "please check that you are using the same compiler that was
used to compile qt and kdesupport" or words to that effect.

Of course its the same compiler - - waht the devil do I do next ???

1. KDE doesn't believe I have Qt 1.42 installed

After checking all the FAQs and this NG, the answer still doesn't
present itself.  So, here it goes.

First off, I'm running RedHat Linux 5.1 with all the necessary
libraries installed.

I downloaded qt-1.42.tar.gz and moved it to /usr/local.
From /usr/local I ran (as root) "gunzip qt-1.42.tar.gz"
(so far, no problems)

Then I ran "tar xf qt-1.42.tar"
(still no problems)

Then I "mv qt-1.42 qt" still having no problems. (as per the
instructions).

I change directory to /usr/local/qt

Then I run "make linux-g++-shared" and all goes well.

After which I simply run "make" and the installation goes with no
errors.

Then I edit .bash_profile with the changes recommended by Qt.  At this
point, I restart my machine....logging back in as root.

Then I cd to /usr/src/rehat/SPECS

I run the command, "rpm -bb kdesupport-1.0-1.spec"

(at this point, all goes well)

Then I cd to /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386

I run "rpm -i kdesupport-1.0-1.i386.rpm"

Then I get an error message stating that the rpm cannot install
without ">=1.33 Qt" (meaning greater than or equal to Qt version
1.33).  The problem is that I'm running 1.42 (and, yes, it's working).

I'm running version 1.42 of Qt, so I'm not sure where the problem
lies.  I only hope that someone here can help.  Thanks in advance.

"My mind is so fragmented by random excursions into a wilderness of
abstractions and incipient ideas that the practical purposes of the
moment are often submerged in my consciousness until I don't know
what I'm doing."
                                Zern

2. Softver & Books Store - narucivanje softvera i knjiga

3. KDevelop cant find qt>=1.42 <2.0

4. create password dialog with apache webserver???

5. where to find qt 1.42

6. Internet Relationship Survey (*please* read and fill out :)

7. qt >= 1.42 (headers and libraries) not found

8. script to export DISPLAY

9. Compiling Qt library 1.42 (free version)

10. Problems Installing NCSA httpd 1.42 on solaris 2.3

11. Qddb 1.42 released

12. Xsnow 1.42 - KDE

13. ANN: HawkNL 1.42 update