Compaq Proliant 9.1 GB SCSI-Wide Hot Swap Hard Drive Liquidation

1. AIX 4.3.1, IBM 6208 Fast Wide SCSI, Seagate Ultra Wide 9.1 Gb drive?

Hello list!!

I am a technician for a company called Procom Technology.  We are resellers
of hardrives and I am having a tough time with a tricky AIX problem.  If

as I am not on the mailing list.  The situation I have is that a customer
has bought  a Seagate ST19171W from my company with the guarantee that it
would work in their system (described above).  From what I can tell over
the phone (ESP) is that the SCSI controller is configured correctly in the
system and is functioning correctly.  However, contrary to my experience
(with other OSes) AIX detecting the SCSI card does not impy that the
hardrive will be detected.  I need to find out if it is possible to
configure a non-IBM signature drive in AIX?  If it is, how is it done.  All
customer is flipping out!).

Many Thanks!

Keehan Mallon
Procom Tech Support

2. graphical mail and newsreaders?

3. Problem w/Dell w/s410, Debian won't see 9.1 GB SCSI drive

4. Antivirus software

5. 9.1 GB SCSI drive & Linux & Adaptec 1742

6. 2 cuts on the same line ??? Please Help

7. Partitioning - /root in last 2 GB of 9.1 SCSI drive?

8. Unix NT password syncronisation

9. The Return of 1024 Cylinders(Pt 2: 9.1 Gig SCSI Hard Drive)

10. Adaptec 2940U2W, IBM 9.1 GB U2 SCSI problem

11. LILO-problem on 9.1 GB SCSI

12. Added ext 9.1 gb drive to 7012-34H errors.

13. FS: Quantum 4.5 GB Ultra Wide Diff SCSI drives