rpm: not found 'packages.rpm'

Post by Ozgur Can Leona » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I run Slackware, and I need to be able to run rpm to install rpm
packages (duh). un-tarzipped the distribution package i got from the
sunsite site, and now when i do

rpm -i apcahe-blah-blah

it says:

# rpm -i ghostview-1.5-6.i386.rpm
failed to open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

error: cannot open /var/lib/rpm//packages.rpm

--

what is wrong?

the howto's dont have much help for idiots.

PLEEZE?>

thank you.

1. RPM Crashes with "//var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm not found"

I am running FreeBSD 3.4 with linux binary capability installed (linux
base 6.1).  I know that the linux capability works because I have
WordPerfect  8 running.  I am trying to install an rpm but when I run it
through RPM 2.5.6 I get this error:
failed to open //var//lib/rpm/packages.rpm

I do not understand this, as I installed the RPM through the FreeBSD
ports collection.
Any help would be appreciated.

2. ModemsQUick question about modems..

3. Can't install linux_base or packages.rpm not found.

4. Forward with inetd

5. rpm upgraded - kpackage won't read packages.rpm

6. SCSI disk SPIN-UP on pwr-up ?

7. RPM: can't open packages.rpm

8. newbee network

9. RPM: cannot open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

10. Problem with Gnome RPM - Failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

11. RPM doesn't create any RPM's

12. suse rpm's vs. RH rpm's

13. packages.rpm not found.