Adding user

Post by Pat Nola » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I just installed Red Hat 6.0 and added a new user.
Whenever I try to set a new user password I get a Bus Error.
Also when I try adding a password from linuxconf I get kicked all the way
out of linuxconf.
Does anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?
Thanks

--
Pat Nolan
Operations Analyst

Adding user

Post by Gordon Haverlan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I just installed Red Hat 6.0 and added a new user.
> Whenever I try to set a new user password I get a Bus Error.
> Also when I try adding a password from linuxconf I get kicked all the way
> out of linuxconf.
> Does anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?

Bad library?  Did you manually adjust some of the links for
the
various libraries, and maybe*one up.  Something like
your
passwd/linuxconf is calling a glibc2.1 library function and
your system
has this symbollically linked to a glibc2.0 library
instead.  Just
a guess.

Gordon Haverland
#include <disclaimer.h>