Who wants to teach how to make Samba dance...

Who wants to teach how to make Samba dance...

Post by Erik Boster » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I am brand new to Linux, and I really want to learn my way around. Allthough
I don't have any experience with Linux, I need to set up a samba-server
quickly.

The network I need, simply consists of two pc's, both with a ethernet
device. The Linux system must work as a file and printerserver, later on, in
a few moths as a webserver.

Who wants to coach this newbe, and make him a happy Linux user??

Thanks in advance,

Erik

1. My question has still not been answered.Dance..Dance...Dance...

So again for the 3rd time, prove me wrong and show me specifically how
much easier it is to set up:

1. Internet connection sharing.
2. Printer/scanner sharing with Linux/Windows mixed system.
3. Firewall (software based).

Again under Win98SE:

1. Internet connection sharing:
        Try help "how do I share my internet connection?" duhhhhhh

2. Printer Sharing:
        Click on Printers/Share  Duhhhh again.

3. Firewall:
        Try Zonealarm which has been written up in just about every
magazine and trade rag. No configuration necessary. It blocks your
ports and informs you with a popup everytime something is trying to
gain access to your system. You have the option of giving access or
not. No need to type in all kinds of ip addresses although you can do
that if you wish also.

So how does one go about doing this easily under Linux?

It's very easy to do under Windows. Not one file to edit.

So how about a direct rebuttal to prove me wrong instead of all of the
lame attempts at deflecting a direct question.

Is answering a direct question too difficult for the Linux people?

2. Yggdrasil Any Good?

3. samba is dancing samba

4. ATI Rage 128... HELP !!!!

5. Dance RatSkink Bojangles, Dance LIAR..........

6. SVGALIB / TVGA8900CL / Monochrome Monitor Problem

7. Can't dance the samba

8. Cloning a linux computer on CDs

9. Newbie loves Linux, but can't get samba to dance......

10. Linux and Win98 dancing Samba

11. dancing the samba

12. Dancing Samba with a Rogue

13. Dancing the Samba with WP and an Epson Stylus Color