cannot mount new SCSI cd-burner scd0

Post by Darren and Marla Welso » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:42:41

I have added a SCSI CD-R to my system, but I cannot mount it because the
device, /dev/scd0, has no module (?) and cannot be mounted.  I am not
sure what else to do, since the OS is installed on a HD on the same SCSI
card--so I know it works.  I do not know what else to try.

Darren

cannot mount new SCSI cd-burner scd0

Post by Bora Ugurl » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:49:34

Quote:> I have added a SCSI CD-R to my system, but I cannot mount it because the
> device, /dev/scd0, has no module (?) and cannot be mounted.  I am not
> sure what else to do, since the OS is installed on a HD on the same SCSI
> card--so I know it works.  I do not know what else to try.

> Darren

You need the SCSI CDROM support in the kernel to use /dev/scdx devices.

Whereas, you can use sg0 instead od scd0 (or was it sr0?)

Check SCSI-howto's, it's the best..

Bora

--

Post by David Efflan » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:12:37

Quote:>I have added a SCSI CD-R to my system, but I cannot mount it because the
>device, /dev/scd0, has no module (?) and cannot be mounted.  I am not
>sure what else to do, since the OS is installed on a HD on the same SCSI
>card--so I know it works.  I do not know what else to try.

You likely need to load the 'sr_mod' module to access it as a cdrom (see
dmesg or /var/log/messages).  Note that /dev/sr0 is hard linked to
/dev/scd0 so either device could be mounted as a cdrom.  However ripping
music or cd burning needs the 'sg' module and device (/dev/sg0).

1. Cannot mount CD Burner

I am running Linux Mandrake 7.2 and cannot mount my cd burner.  I can
mount the cdrom alright.  The mandrake site says that this is caused by
a bad link.  Also that the system has to be tricked into thinking that
the drive is an scsi.  they're advice is to issue the following
command...cd /dev && rm cdrom2 && ln -s scd0 cdrom2.  At this point I am
supposed to be able to access the drive.  Unfortunatly this is not
happening.  I don't know how to tell if the scsi emulation is actually
happening or not.  my system is as follows... first cdrom is /mnt/cdrom,
second cdrom is /mnt/cdrom2.

2. winblows faster than linux ?!?!?!

3. CD-Writing (error mounting scd0)

4. Mailing to numeric addresses w/mmdf

5. Root blasted when trying new CD-burner

6. Printing problem

7. New Linux kernel, cannot mount CD anymore

8. LILO and XP

9. Cannot mount SCSI CD-ROM, Pls help.

10. Cannot mount new SCSI disk!!

11. Debian: Cannot mount CD recognized on SCSI chain

12. HP CDWriter+ 9200 (SCSI) - CDWriting is fine, cannot mount normal CD

13. New SCSI CD-Rom/getting audio to mount