keyboard prints wong characters..

Post by Bhupinder Misr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hi...
    i've just installed redhat 6.0 on my P2 box.the problem is that the
computer prints YEN character instead of a (/) backslash.I 've setup the
Us type keyboard . i tied changing it to some other standard but the
problem is still there (it still prints 'YEN' ...)
    any clue..
Thanks before hand..
Misra

1. HP 500C -- ascii test prints OK, PostScript prints special characters

I was able to get my HP 500C working with apsfilter.
The key point was to select the correct driver -- sounds simple,
but it slowed me down anyway!

The printer works great with the cdjmono driver -- but
with cdjcolor it parks the cartridge in the middle of the
bar and flashes the "Change cartridge" light. Doh! It's waiting
for me to swap out the b&w cartridge!

And of course other driver selections lead to garbage (special
characters like smiley faces) being printed. Keep in mind that
you can't get clear away the garbage by resetting or power cycling
the printer -- the spooler will retry the job and print more garbage;
you have to remove the offending job from the queue (using lprm).

I had originally used printconf to configure (unsuccessfully).
I removed the printcap which it created, so the only entries
were created by apsfilter. Hmm, I seem to recall a comment header
which indicated that the printcap is regenerated when lpd restarts.
To be honest, I'm not sure which program put the old printer config
entries into the printcap.

FWIW -- useful links: www.linuxprinting.org and www.apsfilter.org

Happy printing,

Robert Dodier

2. Where is (Linux) VPN Client Software?

3. Web Server with a Serious Performce problem...HELP!!!!

4. It's the Wong Virtual Host, Grommit!

5. PCI Parallel Port Board on SCO 5.0.5

6. Help: keyboard echos wrong(accent & other strange) characters

7. _F64_ functies

8. Danish characters - danish keyboard

9. Non US (English) characters from a US keyboard

10. read a single character from the keyboard without waiting for RETURN

11. KEyboard sends additional back tick character

12. How to read a single character from the keyboard?