Netscape won't start (sometimes!)

Post by j » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>    Okay, I've had this problem with netscape refusing to start up. I've
>tried three different versions of netscape (installed on RedHat 4.2).
>Sometimes it all works fine, sometimes it won't start no matter what.
>I start netscape from the command line or X menu and it hangs. I do a 'ps'
>and it shows netstat as a zombie. I can only end netscape (and netstat) with
>'kill -9 netscape'. netstat runs every time if started alone. ??? This
>morning I found i could only get Netscape started after a system reboot :-(
>(A Micro$oft virus? ;-/

What window manager are you on? Some are in development stage. So if
things go wrong, exit X and restart. It does the trick for me. fvwm is
stable enough for everyday use.

1. Sometimes Netscape mail won't word wrap...

I get e-mail from some people that won't word wrap.

A single paragraph is one long line.  I have to scroll to the right to
be able to read the end of the lines.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Jon
--
Jon D. Slater                   QualComm Inc.

Phone: (303) 247-5037           Boulder, Colorado
Fax:   (303) 247-5167           80301

2. Parallel port SYJET Installation under RED HAT 5.2??

3. ET4000 starts X sometimes, sometimes just black screen

4. Do I have a Winmodem?

5. Netscape won't start media player

6. throttling apache-1.3 possible?

7. Bad magic number with Netscape: won't start

8. sysback version 3 and 4 on aix 432

9. netscape won't start from Xwindow or command prompt

10. Help: Netscape 6 won't start

11. Netscape Enterprise won't start

12. Netscape won't start

13. netscape won't start, but the libs seem correct