virtual webservers

Post by go.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Can anyone tell me how to configure my www-server ?

Check out http://www.apache.org/docs/vhosts/index.html
It's very easy.

gonzo

Linux Programmer's Site

virtual webservers

Post by gb » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I guess you can use a virtual host, include in your http.conf something like:

 <VirtualHost test1.bluesky.yi.org>

 ServerName  test1.bluesky.yi.org

 ... more configuration

 </VirtualHost>

gb.

> I have a 24hour online connection with a cable modem and a dynamic IP. I'm
> using yi.org to have my
> own (sub)domain name. Is it possible to configure my apache webserver to
> host multiple sub domains.
> My domain name is bluesky.yi.org and I would like to have seperate www-sites
> like test1.bluesky.yi.org and test2.bluesky.yi.org.
> I use RedHat 6.0 and apache 1.3.

> Can anyone tell me how to configure my www-server ?

> Thnx,

> BlueSky

1. CGI for Virtual Webservers

Hi
    I've inherited a UNIX Apache server for a small ISP and at the
moment I'm trying to work out how to set it up to allow VirtualDomains
to execute CGI scripts. Questions that come to mind are

1) Is this a stupid thing to allow from the point of security
2) I tried using scriptalias in httpd.conf but that didn't seem to work
even after a huphttpd.

Any ideas?

TIA

Rus

2. Creating a RS232 X-Windows terminal?

3. virtual webservers

4. Two network cards: 3com and NE2000

5. Apache webserver with SSL and virtual hosts?

6. red hat 7.0 literature

7. virtual hosts and more webservers behind one firewall

8. mouse problems

9. webserver (virtual host) routing

10. WWW webserver filter for "inappropriate" material on linux webserver...

11. Apache webserver on Linux (RH 7.1) - and an internal Webserver - how would you set it up?

12. Linux-Webserver (SuSE 8.0) als Gateway für einen weiteren Webserver

13. Sending uploaded files from one Apache WebServer to another Apache WebServer