Sound for Dell Optiplex GXPro

Post by Dominique LARCHEY-WENDLIN » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I am trying to configure sound for a Linux box,
namely a Dell Optiplex GXPro. It should have a
build-in sound chipset based on Crystal CS4236.
I suppose this is a pnp chipset but pnpdump
detects no pnp cars at all.
When I do modprobe sound.o the module is
loaded but the chipset is not detected ?
How should I configure the sound driver ?
I tried this:

#define CS4232_BASE 0x220
#define CS4232_IRQ 5
#define CS4232_DMA 1
#define CS4232_DMA2 3
#define CS4232_MPU_BASE 0x330
#define CS4232_MPU_IRQ 9
#define SELECTED_SOUND_OPTIONS  0x00002000

I am using OSSFree.

Thanks in advance

Dominique Larchey
LORIA

1. Sound on Dell OptiPlex Gxpro

Subject says it, has anybody gotten the sound working on a
Dell OptiPlex GXpro ? it has a built in sound hardware but it
is unclear to me whether it is Vibra 16 or SB-Pro compatible.
In any case I want to get it working with RH 5.0

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer              Amsterdam, The Netherlands

2. disk read speed with md - normal?

3. Dell OptiPlex GXPro dual CPU system with linux

4. Question about clone..

5. Installing Linux on a Dell Optiplex GxPro 200

6. Help with PCMCIA Ethernet card

7. Advice wanted: Dell Optiplex GXPro

8. Vt320 support

9. Dell OptiPlex GXpro 200 and LINUX

10. HELP! - LINUX on a DELL Optiplex GXpro

11. Dell OptiPlex GXpro Linux problems

12. Linux on Dell OptiPlex GXPro...

13. Dell OptiPlex GXPro Problems