Can not run setup as root?

Post by Jingsong » Wed, 15 Feb 1995 04:43:04

Hi,

It is strange that I can not run setup or pkgtool as root, in contrast, I can

get dialog window if I add /sbin to a user's path.

I can run them a while ago (when I setup system and do some adjustment).

The reason I can think is that my linux partition is after 1024 cylinder,

and my BIOS only see below 1024.

JL
.

Jingsong Li Mech. Engr. Dept.  Univ. of Rochester Rochester, NY 14627

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. C D ROM changers under SCO unix 4.2

3. Kernel problems with AMD chips?

4. cron did not run root jobs (solaris 2.5.1)

5. Packard Bell 586 CDROM & SLIP setup guidance

6. Q:running pppd as user(not root)+other stuff?

7. Windows 95 keys on my keyboard

8. How to run a program at startup but not as root.

9. How to setup root telnet in not allow?

10. Problem running CGI scripts ar a user (not root)

11. Port number if not run as root?

12. PROBLEM: Running X-11 as a normal user (not root)