Booting Linux from Dos, problem with boot disk !

Booting Linux from Dos, problem with boot disk !

Post by Dave » Sun, 09 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a problem whereby I've installed Redhat Linux on a 1GB SCSI drive, no
problems there, but during installation it did not see the SCSI adapter.
Therefore I told it to use:

        aha152x=0x340,11,7,1

And everything installed fine. I created a boot floppy during the
installation as the SCSI adapter is not bootable. Only problem is that the
disk will not boot. It gets as far as outputing beginning of the LILO
message and then outputs 01 01 01 etc continuously.

My real question is, can I boot Linux from Dos using something like LOADLIN,
but be able to pass the SCSI adapter parameter detailed above. I don't seem
to be able to succeed beyond this point.

Shame really, coz I was looking forward to getting my teeth into Linux.

Hope you can help, thanks,

Dave

1. Booting Linux from Dos, problem with boot disk !

Hi,

I have a problem whereby I've installed Redhat Linux on a 1GB SCSI drive, no
problems there, but during installation it did not see the SCSI adapter.
Therefore I told it to use:

        aha152x=0x340,11,7,1

And everything installed fine. I created a boot floppy during the
installation as the SCSI adapter is not bootable. Only problem is that the
disk will not boot. It gets as far as outputing beginning of the LILO
message and then outputs 01 01 01 etc continuously.

My real question is, can I boot Linux from Dos using something like LOADLIN,
but be able to pass the SCSI adapter parameter detailed above. I don't seem
to be able to succeed beyond this point.

Shame really, coz I was looking forward to getting my teeth into Linux.

Hope you can help, thanks,

Dave

2. CNF: Embedded Systems Club Autumn Conference

3. Using a Dos boot disk to boot Linux

4. Installing New Drivers

5. booting dos and linux (without boot disk) question

6. Compiler for Solaris 7

7. Problem while booting linux through LILO or boot-disk

8. Removing last character from last line in a file

9. Problem booting with Linux boot disk

10. Problem booting SUSE linux and dos when two SCSI disk on machine

11. Lilo boot problem: doesn't boot dos (invalid media type)

12. Booting Linux from DOS 6.2 Multi-Boot...

13. Lilo: Cannot boot DOS, but can boot Linux