Help with Mandrake 8.2?

Post by * » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 01:22:06

Hi, I just installed Mandrake 8.2 beta, and can't get ISDN-card configured.
I've drivers in tar.gz -file, but I can't unpack them and all advice I get
is from RedHat users. Does it matter? Why can't I get it work right?

There is ISDN -package unpacked in /etc, but it seems not to be enough. Or
is there possibly something else wrong? When I try to get connection to
Internet, I get message: Error occured while connection or something like
that. A newbie needs some help...

Thanks in advance

Girl from Lapland

Help with Mandrake 8.2?

Post by Mo » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 07:02:58

To unpack files with a gz extension:
gunzip file.gz
To unpack files with a tar extension:
tar -xvf file.tar

To unpack files with a tar.gz extension:
both of the above steps
<OR>
gunzip -c file.tar.gz | tar xvf -

After the files are unpacked, what you do with them depends on the contents.

-----

However if you have the Mandrake RPMS, just install the RPM packages for
ISDN.

And you really need to provide more exact info on the nature of your
problems for anyone to help. I'm a RH user :)

-Mo

> Hi, I just installed Mandrake 8.2 beta, and can't get ISDN-card configured.
> I've drivers in tar.gz -file, but I can't unpack them and all advice I get
> is from RedHat users. Does it matter? Why can't I get it work right?

> There is ISDN -package unpacked in /etc, but it seems not to be enough. Or
> is there possibly something else wrong? When I try to get connection to
> Internet, I get message: Error occured while connection or something like
> that. A newbie needs some help...

> Thanks in advance

> Girl from Lapland

Help with Mandrake 8.2?

Post by Bill Unr » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 07:48:54

]Hi, I just installed Mandrake 8.2 beta, and can't get ISDN-card configured.
]I've drivers in tar.gz -file, but I can't unpack them and all advice I get
]is from RedHat users. Does it matter? Why can't I get it work right?

]There is ISDN -package unpacked in /etc, but it seems not to be enough. Or
]is there possibly something else wrong? When I try to get connection to
]Internet, I get message: Error occured while connection or something like
]that. A newbie needs some help...

Why in the world would a newbie be using Mandrake 8.2? That is a beta. It has bugs.
Guarenteed. Its purpose is to have users find the bugs. NOt to use. Please do not use 8.2
unless you are NOT a newbie.

1. Mandrake 8.2 Help Wanted

Hi as a newwbe I need some help I have just got hold of mandrake 8.2
from Linux Format I have installed it on a IBM Thinkpad 560z and all
went well and I have logon ok But now I am not sure what to do next
This is what is showen on the lattop screen
mandrake linux release 8.2(bluebird) for i586
kernel 2.4.18-6mdk on i686/tty1
localhost login:martinstevens
password

I do not know what to enter next I know that it might seem silly to
ask this but as a newbe Iam not sure
martin

2. RAID options

3. Help install Mandrake Linux 8.2 on 800 MHz PowerBook G4

4. APM POWER OFF IN Kernel 2.2.5

5. Mandrake 8.2 ISDN help needed...

6. vlock -a

7. Mandrake 8.2 - USB modem help

8. TLI Server under dbxtool

9. Mandrake 8.2 - No Telnet - HELP PLEASE!

10. mandrake 8.2 and a logitech web cam..help please...

11. HELP!"!ยง$ Audio SiS 7018 + Mandrake 8.2 !!!

12. Mandrake 8.2 and Wireless - - -HELP!

13. Help: FTP virtual server for Mandrake 8.2.