PC-TEL HSP56 MicroModem

Post by Jerry Ganno » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I've been trying to get the PC-TEL HSP56 MicroModem
to work in RedHat 6.2.  I installed the drivers that
I found on www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html
and the module seemed to compile and install correctly
but the modem still does not work.  I continually get
messages in the /var/log/messages file stating something
like "kernel: assign pctel_interrupt".

Has anyone that has had success using the hsp56-linux
drivers run into this problem?

Thanks,

-jcg

1. HSP56 Micromodem on RH8

Hello,
I just installed RH8 and i have everything working except my hsp56
micromodem.
im trying to use the pctel-0.9.6 driver for my modem, but when i'm
asked for my kernel source path i dont know where its located.

3) ./configure

--with-hal=hal
Select one of: pct789, cm8738, i8xx, sis, via686a

--with-kernel-includes=/path/to/my/kernel-sources/include
If you don't have your kernel sources at /usr/src/linux, specifiy
your includes

am i supossed to configure first with the chipset?
./configure --with-hal=cm8738

and then with the kernel? or should i issue everything on the same
command?

2. Solaris 2.5.1 Server x86 & Adaptec AHA-2940UW

3. HSP56 micromodem winmodem or not??

4. Linux DHCP updating Windows 2000 DNS

5. HSP56 Micromodem is a Linmodem

7. Problems getting HSP56 MicroModem to work with SuSE 7.2

8. How can I get a filename via FILE * ?

9. Driver for HSP56 World MicroModem in a HP Pavillion 7920 ?

10. HSP56 Micromodem

11. Installing a PCtel HSP56 MicroModem

12. Installing a Win-modem (HSP56 World MicroModem)?

13. PCTel HSP56 Micromodem install