Voodoo3 3000 & KDE

Post by Leo » Mon, 18 Dec 2000 19:17:40

Seasons Greetings!

I have post an identical thread sometime ago. But for some reasons it just
didn't show up on my PC and get responds. So I am posting it again. If you
have read this post somewhere on the earth, probably kindly replied, thanks
for your time! I will appreciate if you can help me again.

Things go strange on Redhat. Since I upgrade this machine, I can't use the
KDE environment anymore on Redhat, from V6.1 up to V7.0. If I choose to
install KDE (not necessary using it), system will return a message saying X
crashed and ask me to report it as a bug, at the moment it loads GUI.
Nothing is wrong if I only install Gnome, or install all versions of
Mandrake, with absolutely the same X settings.

Since this problem exists in more than one major RH release, I think it is
not be a bug. I am using Voodoo3 3000 in this machines with usual working
HD, monitor and so on.

I want to know,  does someone set up RH secessfuly with Voodoo3 and KDE? I
am really puzzled. Any suggestions would be great!

Leo

Voodoo3 3000 & KDE

Post by Mark Dicki » Tue, 19 Dec 2000 00:03:33

Hello,
I have a Voodoo 3 3000 and use it with KDE 2.0 and Mandrake 7.2.  I have
also had no joy in running RH on this system but am very happy with
Mandrake.  Probably not very useful but just to let you know your hardware
is probably fine.

--
-----------
Mark*ie

1. Voodoo3 3000 & KDE

[...]

2. LanTimes review of Caldera Linux

3. Probs with voodoo3 3000, rh6.1 and test3Dfx

4. How to copy the boot block

5. mandrake6.0 and 3dfx voodoo3 3000 question

6. Installing INN...how much do I need to actually read?

7. Can Voodoo3 3000 on Redhat 6.0??

8. HELP! Linux wont boot. Kernal panic

9. Anyone successfully using X 3.9.16 with a Voodoo3 3000?

10. (XFree86 4.0) voodoo3 3000 agp displays "garbage" in quake3

11. Voodoo3 3000 PCI and XFree86 4.02

12. more voodoo3 3000

13. help with installing Voodoo3 3000 agp!