Printer Trouble

Post by APN » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

dear friends! thanks in advance for your help.
i am using a HP DeskJet 670C and I installed it as "HP DeskJet" when i set
up Red Hat Linux installation. But I cant seem to get it
to work from X (KDE Desktop). what could be the problem? is there
any special driver i should use?
please
help
Vijay, Pune India

Printer Trouble

Post by Martin Drautzbur » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> dear friends! thanks in advance for your help.  i am using a HP
> DeskJet 670C and I installed it as "HP DeskJet" when i set up Red Hat
> Linux installation. But I cant seem to get it to work from X (KDE
> Desktop). what could be the problem? is there any special driver i
> should use?  please help Vijay, Pune India

I suppose the HP is not one of these Windows-only printers ?

First try if your printer device works by putting some ascii into it,
e.g. ls >/dev/lp0 (or lp1). If this works then you have a problem with
the spooler, if it does not, you have a problem with the kernel (most
likely no parallel post support)

--
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates ?
-- Martin

1. please please help, printer trouble!!!

Hi,

THIS LINUX PRINTING IS DRIVING ME NUTS.

I have been trying to get my EPSON Stylus COLOR IIs (TRIGEM) printer
working on redhat 6.1 for about three months on and off,
"UNSUCCESSFULLY"  of course.

The problem is that i want to print using black ink-cartrege,
as most of my printing is black documents.

I have tried various Ghostscript devices, uniprint drivers
read the docs over and over again, posted on the net....and
done  many unmentionable things but to no avail.

The closest i have come to getting some sane output is
with the following GS options

gs -sDEVICE=stcolor -r360x360  -dnoWeave  -descp_Band=1
-sOutputFile=\|lpr fileName.ps
and

gs -sDEVICE=stcolor -sModel=st800    -sOutputFile=\|lpr fileName.ps

they both give me ouptut that is elongated in length and the verticals
lines are mis-aligned.

Is anybody out there who has successfuly printed with
EPSON Stylus COLOR IIs (TRIGEM) printer using black ink-carterege

Please Please Please Please Please  help me out herex
cause it is a real bother booting into windows again and again
just to get printouts.. and i cant buy a new printer just yet.

-V0D-

..dont ask whats new?   ask whats the best..

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. TLD Resolving Woes

3. Help - Printer troubles