Installing Linux Redhat onto an IBM 701C thinkpad using a parallel port CD-ROM

Installing Linux Redhat onto an IBM 701C thinkpad using a parallel port CD-ROM

Post by John Roberts » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Yeah, well the subject line pretty much covers it. I have a Shuttle Technology
EPSA-2 Parallel port  to SCSI CD-Rom drive interface and I have downloaded the
drivers for it epsa.c (.h too) and now what do I do?

Need I install the disc using DOS first, then compile the kernal (how?) to
enable me to continue using the cd-rom or is there an easier method?

Has anyone else set up a Thinkpad 701C for Linux?

Thanks!

The last experience I had with Unix was working a bit with Coherent, but that
was five or more years ago...before cd-roms, and I never compiled a new kernal.

John :-#)#

1. Trouble when installing LINUX using a portable CD-ROM connected to the parallel port

Hi,
I'm new to LINUX and i'm just trying to install it. The partionning and
the createing of the BOOTDISk worked out fine but unfortunately the
system doesnt recognize my CD-ROM connect to the parallel port using a
MINISCSI Plus adapter from ADAPTEC (Model APA-348) Does anybody have an
idea how i could make this work ?
Any help would be apreciated.

Thank you very much, bye
Frank.

2. AIX passwords

3. Q: Linux on Thinkpad 701C (PCMCIA CD-ROM)

4. Zmodem on a 3B2?

5. Installing linux using SCSI CD-ROM on PCMCIA card, onto SCSI hard drive

6. select behavior

7. parallel port CD-ROM drive and linux install

8. chmod on home directory

9. IBM Thinkpad and Backpac Cd-rom redhat loading

10. Linux install from Parallel Port CD-ROM

11. Installing Linux with a parallel port CD-ROM

12. Help: Install from Ibm Thinkpad 755CD CD-ROM?

13. IBM Thinkpad 701C Install