Setting Up PPP in Linux

Post by Adrian M. Cros » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I need some help setting up PPP on my system.  I am useing a 486DX 4 100mhz
running RED HAT Linux 5.0 off the infomagic CD set.  I am new to linux and
cant seem to get any answers from the manuals.

I have a 33.6k dynalink modem.

I have no idea so please email me full details

YOUR HELP WOULD BE GREATFULLY APPRECIEATED

Adrian M. Cross
Nicknames:  Dr_Unstable & Lord_Of_Evil
Homepage:  http://www.uq.net.au/~zzrcross
ICQ Number:  5914044

Setting Up PPP in Linux

Post by Ken » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Instead of going into all the*details I suggest you look at
http://www.veryComputer.com/
It's a step by step howto and It's what I used to set my ppp up.

Ken C.
remove zz's for reply

Setting Up PPP in Linux

Post by jed » Sun, 19 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>Instead of going into all the*details I suggest you look at
>http://www.veryComputer.com/

        Puuleeze...

        The PPP-HOWTO is NOT the doc to send newbies to.

        The ISP*Hookup*HOWTO is much more sensible (although
        incomplete).

        Both will be on your system in /usr/doc/HOWTO if you
        installed them, however...

        Some more sensible PPP docs can be found from links at
        http://www.veryComputer.com/.

Setting Up PPP in Linux

Post by Traci Collin » Mon, 20 Apr 1998 04:00:00

At least one Dynalink modem is an mwave based card. Unfortunately there isn't
any support for either the mwave sound functions or the mwave modems under
Linux. If your Dynalink modem is one of the ones based on the IBM mwave dsp, it
may be time to upgrade both sound card and modem.

Traci