screen blanker

Post by Cliff Kayli » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

How can I prevent the screen from blanking out after 10 minutes or so (under
Red Hat 5.1)?  This seems to have been set up this way by default.  It's a
brand new installation.  Thanks for your help

--Cliff

screen blanker

Post by Bryan Jacquo » Wed, 05 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> How can I prevent the screen from blanking out after 10 minutes or so (under
> Red Hat 5.1)?  This seems to have been set up this way by default.  It's a
> brand new installation.  Thanks for your help

> --Cliff

  "xset s off"

Put that line in one of  your startup scripts like .xinitrc, or .xsession

Bryan Jacquot

1. Screen Saver vs Screen Blanker

I'm new at Linux, and I've noticed the screen saver
(in console and in X) only blank the screen and don't
shutdown the monitor (low power standby) like Win95.
Linux is a testament to how the volunteer collective
can outperform Bill the Giant.  So when will the screen
blanking feature become an energy saving screen saver?

Does anyone know how to do it?  I know it has something
to do with setting the frequencies.

George Toft

WARNING (learn from my co-worker):
 Win95+MSIE4.0+PirateWare = NetCop+Trashed Computer

 Using Win95 on your computer is like using a spoon
 to eat.  Running Linix is like having the full place
 setting.  So how are you going to eat your steak?
 I'm using the knife and fork!!!

2. Non-recoverable failure in name resolution. etc..

3. Screen Blanker for SUN Workstations

4. Graphics Viewer

5. Q: How to turn off the #$@%&* screen blanker?

6. '/var/log/messages' problems...

7. X Screen Blanker Kill 3D effects

8. Possible vold problem: please help.

9. Screen blanker (Black iso White)

10. Screen Blanker; NO!!

11. Screen Blanker? How to disable?

12. password screen blanker

13. How To Disable Command Line Screen Blanker