Adaptec AIC-6360 for SCSI NEC CD-ROM via Soundblaster CT1770 card

Post by Mark Van Bogar » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Having problems creating a bootdisk that recognizes the SCSI controller
> for CD-ROM (sees IDE hard drive fine). Using Slackware 96 distribution.
> I used aha152x.s, as well as scsi.s, doesn't seem to autodetect
> hardware. IS there another file I should use, or if one of the above
> really is correct, how do I manually "enable" it to see the hardware?
> Thanks,
>  Mike

> --
> Please delete the .nospam from my address before replying.

I used the same hardware and Linux distribution on my first Linux box
and had good success, so read on!

When you are prompted for boot parameters in the initial setup, enter
the following substituting the correct values for IOPORT, IRQ and
SCSI-ID:
aha152x=IOPORT,IRQ,SCSI-ID,1

Possible IOPORT values: 0x140, 0x340 (default)
Possible IRQ values: 9, 10, 11 (default), 12
Possible SCSI-ID: 7 (default)
Disconect SCSI Devices: 1

My boot parameters were:
aha152x=0x140,11,7,1

During the LILO configuration setup, you will prompted to enter any
additional parameters.  Re-enter the parameters you used during the
initial setup.  These will then get entered in /etc/lilo.conf.

Good luck.  If you have any problems, e-mail me.