SuSE 6.1 Kernel Problem (YaST)

Post by s_ocealla.. » Sun, 23 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I'm trying to install SuSE 6.1 which I just
purchased.
After I selected the kernel, followed by the
Standard (E)IDE
module, it then crashes when restarting YaST.
Here is
the error message during install:

insmod : /lib/modules/2.2.5/scsi/sd_mod.o :
     insmod block-major-8 failed

repeats 7 times then locks up.

I don't have a SCSI drive at all.  I have an (E)
IDE drive.
I specifically select the (E)IDE module after I
choose
the kernel.  So why is it trying to do an insmod
for
a SCSI module? I even tried both kernels and I
get the
same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sean Kelley

1. networking problem: SuSE 6.1 + YaST

Hi, i'm a total newbie (2 days) and am trying to get my linux box to
communicate with my win98 machine, so i can transfer files off the win98
machine...

i have set up the network card (ip address, mask, driver) and it seems to be
functioning correctly...

one really strange problem is that when i use yast, and try to get the
system admin/network config/network base configuration menu, it is white,
and i cant select it... change host name, configure network services are
black, and i can select them, however the top selection is white, and it
wont let me select it!

i have had the following suggestions whiuch have not worked:

reinstalle suse using a different configuration:
    -tried this to no avail, tried the default config, network, network
+default, everything...
    after installing and removing hundreds of packages, the menu item is
still white!!

enter a few lines in /etc/rc.d/rc:
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
/sbin/route add -net 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0

this did absolutely nothing, except now when i use ifconfig, my ip has
changed to 10.0.0.1

can anyone help? :)

thanks in advance :))

mark!

2. Port numbers & netstat

3. SuSE 6.1 YaST problem

4. Linux w/ OS/2 Boot Mgr

5. suse 6.3, yast 2 installtion, any way to do yast 1?

6. Looking for public domain passwd generator

7. Problems with more than 3 SCSI-cdrom drives (SuSE 6.1 Kernel 2.2.5)

8. Installing RH6 on a UDMA66 HD

9. suse compilation problems (suse 6.1)

10. SuSE, yast, kernel and eth0

11. SuSE/YaST - Kernel compile error!!??

12. Binaries of KDE2 for SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1