Connection between Desqview and Linux

Post by Igor Lae » Sun, 14 May 1995 04:00:00

Hi out there,

maybe someone can help. I have to do a connection between Linux and a DOS
machine runnning Desqview. On the Desqview machine are some programs
simultanously running, only with normal shell output. Some of the programs
need sometimes a input, with Desqview isnt it a great problem to do such
things. Now we converted some of the programs to linux, but for a bunch of
the programs we do not have the sources anyway...in quick words, we need the
outputs from the msdos machine and put back inputs from a linux machine.

I have read, that it works maybe with some TCP/IP Soft on MS-DOS and Telnet
from the Unix machine, or i need the Samba Package...and other tell us, that
we need the KQ9 Package etc. etc. etc.. thousand Network-Packages to try.. :(

The prob is, we have no so much time to test them all, maybe someone has a
similar system running...please dont begin with OS/2 or Win NT instead of
Desqview, its only a 486/66 System and we have over 12 heavy calculating
tasks simultanously running !good! at the moment... we have tried
OS/2 but its "grafical waterhead" blows up after 7 of the tasks...it costs to
much time (we have many help to the os/2 installation, but the first was, to
update to an pentium...no thanks :-< )

Every hint to programs/drivers in freeware/shareware and the servers where we
can found it...commercial software is also allowed, when in lower midrange
prices (around 250$)

It get really sad, when i must tell my boss, that the linux server idea was
a big time consuming joke :-# rrrrt...

Thanx a(*1000) lot

Igor

1. Desqview and QEMM with Linux

I am wondering whether anyone knows if a Deqview/QEMM combination will
work under DOSEmulation in Linux.

OS2 has problems with it in its DOS sessions, WIN95 will probably have the
same or worse problems, and NT probably won't work at all.  Thus Linux
is the last multitasking OS choice.

2. SyMON v2.0 - imminent?

3. DesqView X vs. Linux X-windows

4. Why am I not 'Logged in' ?

5. Linux v. OS/2 and Desqview - DOS multitasking

6. Q: How to get 1 ms time interrupt?

7. Linux, Desqview/X, and DPMI

8. FlagShip

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. Fast linux-windows connection, slow linux-linux connection??

11. Desqview is now public domain!

12. Looking for Desqview/X

13. Desqview X ??