grammar checker

Post by Peter Walke » Sun, 12 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know of an English grammar checker available for linux,
particularly in a Emacs/Latex environment?

--

Best Regards

Peter
Peter Walker             | My conviction: Jesus Will come again.

                         | Would be happy to share  my conviction with
you.
_________________________|______________________________________

grammar checker

Post by James Youngm » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>Does anyone know of an English grammar checker available for linux,
>particularly in a Emacs/Latex environment?

This is one of the projects on the GNU wishlist.

--
James Youngman       VG Gas Analysis Systems |The trouble with the rat-race
 Before sending advertising material, read   |is, even if you win, you're

grammar checker

Post by Randy Chapm » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Well, its not free, nor does it work with either Emacs or Latex,
but Wordperfect does have a grammar checker.  See www.caldera.com

--randy

: Does anyone know of an English grammar checker available for linux,
: particularly in a Emacs/Latex environment?

: --

: Best Regards

: Peter
: ------------------------------------------------------------------
: Peter Walker             | My conviction: Jesus Will come again.

:                          | Would be happy to share  my conviction with
: you.
: _________________________|______________________________________

"Most software isn't designed.  Rather, it emerges from the development team
like a zombie emerging from a bubbling vat of Research and Development juice"
                                    -- Alan Cooper, "About Face"

grammar checker

Post by Precision Farming Proje » Wed, 15 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>Does anyone know of an English grammar checker available for linux,
>particularly in a Emacs/Latex environment?
>Peter
>Peter Walker             | My conviction: Jesus Will come again.

>                         | Would be happy to share  my conviction with
>you.

Just by history.  There used to be something out of
Bell Labs (this goes back to mid-80's) called
Documenters Workbench.  It was made for the nroff/troff
environment.  Maybe someone has ported it to TeX
since then.

Gordon Haverland