Any modem drivers for CONEXANT HCF v90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem

Any modem drivers for CONEXANT HCF v90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem

Post by Mun Sin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi pros...

I have learnt that my PCI modem is a stupid and cheap "winmodem".
But I still need help, some to point me in the right direction to get
CONEXANT HCF v90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem LINUX driver.
(VENDOR ID: 14F1, DEV. ID: 1033, IRQ 3, I/O 0x2070, COM2)
I believe there are people having the same CONEXANT HCF modem as me.
Please kindly let me know how you pro. solved this problem.
I have tried the CONEXANT web site... there is no drivers or anything.
Then since I bought the stupid PC from COMPAQ.... I have tried their
site too.
NO DRIVER found.... :(

Thank you guys,
Mun Sing

Post by MSewar » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi pros...

> I have learnt that my PCI modem is a stupid and cheap "winmodem".
> But I still need help, some to point me in the right direction to get
> CONEXANT HCF v90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem LINUX driver.
> (VENDOR ID: 14F1, DEV. ID: 1033, IRQ 3, I/O 0x2070, COM2)
> I believe there are people having the same CONEXANT HCF modem as me.
> Please kindly let me know how you pro. solved this problem.
> I have tried the CONEXANT web site... there is no drivers or anything.
> Then since I bought the stupid PC from COMPAQ.... I have tried their
> site too.
> NO DRIVER found.... :(

> Thank you guys,
> Mun Sing

Hi -- I have a CONEXANT PCI v90 56K data fax modem that I purchased under
the AOpen brand name.  I had to take it back.  There is no support for
this modem.  At least AOpen was good enough to tell me that on their web
site.  However,  they do sell an ISA modem that worked almost instantly.
I don't know if Compaq sells ISA CONEXANT modems but if they do it will
work.

Mark Seward

Post by vddev.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi pros...

> I have learnt that my PCI modem is a stupid and cheap "winmodem".
> But I still need help, some to point me in the right direction to get
> CONEXANT HCF v90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem LINUX driver.
> (VENDOR ID: 14F1, DEV. ID: 1033, IRQ 3, I/O 0x2070, COM2)
> I believe there are people having the same CONEXANT HCF modem as me.
> Please kindly let me know how you pro. solved this problem.
> I have tried the CONEXANT web site... there is no drivers or anything.
> Then since I bought the stupid PC from COMPAQ.... I have tried their
> site too.
> NO DRIVER found.... :(

> Thank you guys,
> Mun Sing

try www.linmodems.org

C. DeVille

Any modem drivers for CONEXANT HCF v90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem

Post by Henrik Johnsso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Hi pros...

> I have learnt that my PCI modem is a stupid and cheap "winmodem".
> But I still need help, some to point me in the right direction to get
> CONEXANT HCF v90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem LINUX driver.

There are no Linux drivers, and in my opinion it's not likely that there
will ever be.

(Some irrelevant crossposting trimmed)

/Henrik

--

1. Conexant HCF V90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem

does anyone know if the pci modem is vulnerable in any way?  or if it's
possible to use it to send anything to another computer?  i just discovered
"keyspy" on my computer and the .log file for the pci modem was the only one
that was new.  i don't have a modem card (i have a T1 connection).

if this happens to be what i'm looking for, is there a way to avoid any
insecure connections?  also, is there a way to find out from WHERE the virus
was sent?

thanks for any help.

2. Monitoring UNIX machines

3. Conexant HCF V90 56K Speakerphone PCI Modem

4. XFree 4 hangs my laptop (S3 ViRGE/MX+MV)

5. Rockwell HCF 56K Data Fax RTAD PCI Modem - Doesn't work in Linux

6. setting up a network

7. What about Rockwell HCF 56k Data fax speakerphone PCI modem

8. where can I get gplot2ps?

9. conexant HCF V90 PCI internal modem

10. Beta Modem Driver for Conexant HCF modem

11. Linux drivers for Conexant HCF K56 PCI modem

12. Conexant HCF 56K Modem && Linux

13. Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax,Speakerphone PCI Modem.