q:I am not able to install bootloader in redhat

q:I am not able to install bootloader in redhat

Post by Aske Anders » Wed, 02 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi
I am installing Red Hat linux (v4.2) on the 'top' of and old Slackware version.
I have 3 Dos partition an 1 OS/2 partition & the Slackware partition(hda8).
When I try to install the Red Hat pack, it runs fine until I get:
'An error occured during step"install bootloader" of the install'
I try to install the bootloader on a floppydisk - no luck :-(.
If I try to install the bootloader on /hda8 - its the same :-(.

Could anyone help me ?
--
* Hiroshima 45, Chernobyl  86, Windows 95 *
Visit me in *space:  http://www.veryComputer.com/~aske/bluemax.html

1. Redhat 5.0 install problem, Error occurred while installing bootloader

Hello all,

I've been trying to install RedHat 5.0 on a notebook but I keep getting problems when I attempt to install the bootloader.  I keep getting "error occurred while installing bootloader" messages.

The notebook:
        Compaq Concerto with 12MB memory
        540 MB Western Digital Hard drive
        I usually try to form three partitions
                / [linux native]
                swap partiton
                /dos [dos partition]

I'm aware of a Linux howto page for notebooks & laptops at www.cs.utexas.edu, but that wasn't of any use.

Any suggestions as to how to get around this problem would be greatly appreciated...

b c

2. ksh88 converting -rwxr-xr-- to 754

3. Installing Redhat 5.0-error installing bootloader

4. Adaptec 2940UW

5. I am not able to compile Emacs 19.25 under Linux anymore

6. CDE (login screen to PC)

7. I am not able to VPN

8. Anyone know how to sleep a PB G3?

9. I am not able to run KDE anymore...

10. I am not able to find the file /etc/networks

11. A strange error....I am not able to allow to see man pages...

12. How to create a user account that's su-able but not login-able?

13. RedHat On Dell L500 - Error Installing Bootloader