Yet another 'Fixed Font Not Found ' Problem???

Yet another 'Fixed Font Not Found ' Problem???

Post by A Lo » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:33:03

Hi,
  Well to make it clear I read quite a few postings regarding this
issue but could not relate any of those to my problem. This is what
happened. I moved one of the Linux Mandrake 8.1 workstations from one
desk to another and try to log onto it..I get this error message. It
was working fine before I moved the PC. Now what could have happened
in between I cannot understand.

Any ideas how to fix this problem???

TIA,
A Log.

Post by Peter T. Breue » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:56:07

> happened. I moved one of the Linux Mandrake 8.1 workstations from one
> desk to another and try to log onto it..I get this error message. It

It's just a default message, meaning that it didn't EVEN find the fixed
font, which is its last effort.

Quote:> was working fine before I moved the PC. Now what could have happened
> in between I cannot understand.

You just killed your fontserver. Forget it. Fix it or take it out of
your fontpath. No big deal.

Peter

1. X won't start "could not find font 'fixed'"

Hello,

I just reinstalled Solaris 8 on a new Blade 100.  When the system boots
I get an error that it can't connect to display:0, and X won't start.

When I try to run xinit at the command line I get and fatal server error
that the font 'fixed' could not be found.  All of the fontpaths appear
to be setup correctly.

Also, when I try to start xfs at the command line I get another fatal
error saying that No listening sockets established, ListenTransCount=0
errno=125.  fsadmin tells me that xfs is set to startup from inetd...

Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?  I'm starting to rip my
hair out...

Thanks,

Adhamh Findlay

2. ZOMBIE PROBLEM UPDATE

3. Font Problem: could not open default font 'fixed'

4. (kind-of OT) hard disk detection problem

5. fdisk error messages/partition table woes

6. default font 'fixed' not found

7. Hardware peripheral recommendations.

8. XFree86 crashing because of font 'fixed' not found

9. Font problem - default font 'fixed'

10. Need font: 'fixed' because of error message: can't find font: 'fixed'

11. HELP!! -- Cannot find default font 'fixed'

12. server failed cannot find font : 'fixed'