Where is librl.so.2 ??

Post by Perry F Nguy » Tue, 02 May 1995 04:00:00

: Howdy,
: I am trying to run the precompiled binaries for the
: math program "pari", which I got as gplinux.tar.gz from
: the megrez.math.u-bordeaux.fr anonymous ftp site.

: It fails to run, however, saying that it cannot find
:   librl.so.2
: which I've never heard of.
: Any ideas?

librl.so.2 is also known as the readline lib, if you have libreadline.a
you can substitute -lrl in the makefile with -lreadline

: I have the requisite libs:
:   libm.so.4 --> libm.so.4.6.27
:   libc.so.4 --> libc.so.4.6.27

: Thanks for replies and hints in advance, cheers,
: Dave Linder

        (2) A lot of time has been wasted arguing over what came first
            -- the chicken or the egg.  It was undoubtedly the
            rooster.

Where is librl.so.2 ??

Post by David Lind » Tue, 02 May 1995 04:00:00

Howdy,
I am trying to run the precompiled binaries for the
math program "pari", which I got as gplinux.tar.gz from
the megrez.math.u-bordeaux.fr anonymous ftp site.

It fails to run, however, saying that it cannot find
  librl.so.2
which I've never heard of.
Any ideas?

I have the requisite libs:
  libm.so.4 --> libm.so.4.6.27
  libc.so.4 --> libc.so.4.6.27

Thanks for replies and hints in advance, cheers,
Dave Linder

1. Looking For 'librl.so.2' (for ftp)

Howdy,

No matter what version of ftp i attempt to run, it complains
that I need

librl.so.2

in order for it to run.
Unfortunately, i haven't been able to find this file on any ftp site.
If someone could point me somewhere where I could find it, i'd be
grateful.

bret

2. Monitor Mode lines for 1600x1200 res

3. ftp: can't find library 'librl.so.2'

4. A challenge!

5. ftp: can't find library 'librl.so.2 with NetKit-B...

6. POSIX clocks & timers

7. librl.so.2 -> where?

8. XFree86 V.2.0 with WD90c30 Chipset

9. Where can i find library librl.so.1

10. FTP and "librl.so.2"

12. I am with the following error, when i am running lilo...