Joystick support

Post by Geoff Rober » Sun, 19 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

   I was wondering how to get my joystick recognised under Linux.   I
assume under XFree86 I simply need to uncomment the lines relating to the
joystick module.

   I have a Wingman "Extreme" 4 buttons with a hat.

   Thanks

   Geoff

1. Joystick support with PS joystick

I have two PS joystick and my soundcard is AC'97 sound chip on board.
My linux distrio is debian 2.2 and my kernel is 2.2.19.
My sound card works well under linux.

I have tried the setting as follow
# modprobe joystick
this step seems OK.
# modprobe joy-console js_console=0x378,6,6,0,0,0
but it didn't work. Error msg: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect
module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

My /dev are as follow

/dev/js0 c 13, 0
/dev/js1 c 13, 1
/dev/js2 c 13, 2
/dev/js3 c 13, 3

Thanks a lot

2. mixer problems

3. Joystick support -- Error, no joysticks found

4. IDE block mode + kernel

5. Joystick support....

6. Question on password length in Solaris 2.5.1

7. Joystick support?

8. Autoconfiguring kernel

9. Joystick support in 2.4.4

10. Looking for help with Gravis joystick support under 2.2.14

11. Joystick support

12. Joystick support for Doom

13. Joystick support in X?