DNS setup HELP!

Post by Brent Meshie » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I am having many problems getting my DNS server setup correctly as the
primary DNS.  Either my server says non-authoritative response or it can't
resolve some of the names.

I NEED SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO SETUP DNS.

Here is my setup:

My server (primary DNS) running Redhat 4.2
Secondy DNS is a HP/UX 9000
If you can help me, please respond via e-mail so we can discuss the setups
of each.  Thanks!

Brent Meshier

DNS setup HELP!

Post by Ed Grim » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

You might try comp.os.linux.networking, where DNS is on-topic...  Just a
thought.  Here, I'll try it for you...

Btw, you might try me in a week or so; I'll be busy before then, so
you'll just go on stack; probably to be blown off the bottom.

--
Ed Grimm

DNS setup HELP!

Post by Philippe Le Fol » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> I am having many problems getting my DNS server setup correctly as the
> primary DNS.  Either my server says non-authoritative response or it can't
> resolve some of the names.

> I NEED SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO SETUP DNS.

> Here is my setup:

> My server (primary DNS) running Redhat 4.2
> Secondy DNS is a HP/UX 9000
> If you can help me, please respond via e-mail so we can discuss the setups
> of each.  Thanks!

> Brent Meshier

You can check on my site I have some shell in order to configure DNS
directelly from your /etc/hosts file.

ftp://ftp.fridu.com/diskless

Phillf