Q:sendmail config with SLIP connection

Post by Rune Gellei » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I bought this book that had Red hat 3.0.3 in it.  It installed without
problems on my pentium together with OS/2 and W95.  I then downloaded
the dip-script posted on www.ibm.net, changed the comport and the
telephonenumber and the login name, woala!
When the script exits after the connection is established it answers
with 2 IP adresses.

The problem is that sendmail don't want to send any mail. I haven't
rebuild the kernel since I presume it's OK since I've got as far as I
have.

None of the tools (arena, elm, ftp) seem to know about the established
SLIP connection.  How do I make them use it (most importantly
sendmail/elm) ?

Rune
_________________________

1. SLIP connection config problem

Howdy all.

I have a problem with the configuration of a SLIP
connection between a Windblows client machine and
a Linux machine (Debian 2.0).  The Linux machine
does not recognize backspaces, amonng other special
characters, and when I list files solid rectangle
characters and square brackets are placed before and
after the file names.  This is a pain.  Oh, "other special
characters" includes carriage returns.

I've tried a variety of modem config, including what should
work for Linux (8 bit, no parity, 1 bit stop). I have also
tried a variety of terminal emulations.

I hope this is clear. Please help.  I have spent a lot of
time on this.

Thank you.

Graham Knopp

2. vat/nevot

3. Sendmail config? I get "connection refused"

4. This could really be big!

5. SLIP<->SLIP Config problem

6. Why do my hard disks take off after a long idle time?

7. Basic Linux ISDN/Ethernet config Qs

8. nfs mount using privileged port: how to?

9. SLIP Connection to University SLIP Server: Need Help

10. Sendmail Qs -- The security nightmare we love to hate

11. PPP/SLIP connection from NT to SCO Unix through direct cable connection

12. PPP connection works well ,while SLIP connection doesn't work,why and how?

13. auto re-connection of a slip line if connection broken?