dial up to internet via modem, drive converter, tape drive backup on redhat6.0

dial up to internet via modem, drive converter, tape drive backup on redhat6.0

Post by mc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I used the sample script under /usr/doc/ppp-2.3.7/scripts to connect to
the internet.  However, I got the error msg in /var/log/messages file saying
that "pppd: connect script failed" ( I changed the phone, account and
password vars to the correspondings).  Does anyone get a clue?

Does anyone know how to convert linux file systems to winNT file systems
or vice versa.   I am trying to transfer files from linux box to winNT box
or
from winNT box to linux box.

I want to do the backup to tape drive on linux box.  (tar ?)  Does anyone
have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

mc