Parallel Port Backpack external CD-ROM

Post by Marc Roge » Mon, 25 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Can someone help me out?

I have a external microsolutions "back cd-rom". I want to install the CD
version of REDHAT 3.0.3. I have down loaded the custom boot and ram images
from redhat's FTP site. When I attempt to install I see the message that bpcd
autoprobe failed. I have set the port on my ACERNote Light to "standard and
bi-directional", no luck so I tried EPC, and and all the other options no
luck. I tried the boot parameters linux bpcd=0x0378,7 as my parallel port is
at 0378h (0x0378). No luck. I know the port and CD-ROM work because I use it
under WARP 4.0 and used it to install for that matter.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please respond to this group or
email myself at the address below. TIA

Marc Rogers
LPM Internet