PCMCIA Modem Problem

Post by Ryan » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

Thanks for all your help for helping me get X-windows up and running, now
the only problem is my pcmcia card .. I can't get it working, I downloaded
the latest pcmcia card manager and installed it, but I don't know if it
detects the modem or something, and it won't dial with my PPP account. If
someone knows how to set it up properly please
respond. .. Thank You

Ryan

1. PCMCIA Modem problem

Hi,

here we go again with another PCMCIA question (looks like PCMCIA
and Linux are two worlds ...)

I just got a *really cheap* 28.8 PCMCIA Modem and found it was worth
to try if this piece of shit won't work under linux, and guess ...
it doesn't!

My "What Is iNside"-operation system (WIN95 ;-) told me that the
ActionTec Modem uses IO 03E8 and IRQ 10. Hmm that's not the
configuration setserial told me for /dev/cua2 (that runs under IRQ 3
and some other port and uart values).
So I changed them with setserial command, but after a try with
minicom the modem still didn't respond at all. But I already was
able to run another 14.4 modem (which I borrowed some days ago) and
therefore the PCMCIA configuration (modules, cardmgr) under my
RedHat 4.0 installation looks okay.

Has someone a glue on that, or do I have to line up in the
post Christmas exchange queues in a couple of days ???

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you all!

Knut

2. 2.2.5 sometimes hangs

3. pcmcia modem problems

4. DRIVERS NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

5. strange PCMCIA modem problem...

6. Replacing MBR in Windows NT

7. PCMCIA Modem Problem - TIOCMBIS failure

8. disable tcp/7ip on a single interface

9. PCMCIA Modem problem

10. Please help: strange PCMCIA modem problem in Linux.....

11. PCMCIA Modem Problem

12. PCMCIA modem problem

13. Hayes 336 PCMCIA Modem problems