suse kernel fails on make zImage

Post by Der Guhvie » Sun, 06 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> SuSE 5.3 builds kernel OK, but make zImage fails with message system 563K,
> system too big followed by messages error 1, error 2.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Basically, you have too many things in the kernel.
You can either make some of them modules or do a
make bzImage.

--
Caio                       |Oliver's Law: Experience is something you
The Guhvanoh <ViNyL 4eVeR> |  do not get until just after you need it.

1. SuSe 7.2 makes SuSe 7.1 look like beta software and Mandrake 8 like alpha.

Hey guys I just finished installing SuSe 7.2 personal edition which I
picked up at CompUSA today. I got to say that even though I was a Mandrake
fan I am about to switch loyalties and become a SuSe fan. right now I don't
no where to start but everything about SuSe 7.2 just screams ready for
prime time. Installation was one of the slickest looking Linux  installs I
have every seen. It beats Mandrake hands down and makes windoze look very
outdated.

SuSe 7.2 is fast and stable and every thing from my Creative Live Drive (
which Mandrake never ever detected ) to my NIC 3COM 3c905-TX card was
detected and worked from the start. I updated via SuSe's online update tool
which handled everything automaticly ( I was to lazy to do it manually )
and flawlessly.  Am happy to say that SuSe has won me over and M$ better
watch it's back because if other distro's start looking and acting like
SuSe then it's going to run into a lot of problems in upcoming years from
now.

P.S. The only flaw I find with SuSe is that they make it very diffuclt find
and download the free version. Now am going to see if I can install this on
an old Packard Bell P5 200 mhz system I got laying around here somewhere.
Oh yeah here are my specs of my current system :

AMD 1.2 ghz cpu

Asus A7M 761 motherboard

512 DDR-SDRAM

64mb DDR-SDRAM LeadTek WinFast Geforce 2 GTS Pro card

Creative Sound Blaster X-Gamer sound card

Creative LiveDrive bay

3COM 3c905-TX NIC

IBM 75GXP  60gb hardrive

Maxtor Quantum FireBall 13.6 XL harddrive

2. /dev/bd.off: not a serial device on Ultra 5

3. problem with as86 while making zImage

4. HELP! Routing Problems... HELP!!!

5. error making zImage

6. MORE ppp channels (not)

7. Problems making zImage or zdisk..

8. how to disable spatrol

9. Problems making zImage: objdump invalid options

10. Why making netfilter moduls fails in 2.4.0 kernel

11. Kernel 2.1.x fails to compile... and fails... and fails...

12. can't find zImage after a make zImage!