help printing with an hp laserjet 6l "staircase" effect even more postscript problems

help printing with an hp laserjet 6l "staircase" effect even more postscript problems

Post by saie.. » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

i would appreciate a little help setting up my hp laserjet 6l

since it prints the staircase effect on regular text and,

all kinds of funky stuff for postscript (probably the real contents of a
ps file).

thanks!!

help printing with an hp laserjet 6l "staircase" effect even more postscript problems

Post by Anthony W. Youngma » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>i would appreciate a little help setting up my hp laserjet 6l

>since it prints the staircase effect on regular text and,

>all kinds of funky stuff for postscript (probably the real contents of a
>ps file).

>thanks!!

Unix is using lf to end lines. LaserJets need crlf, so either you need a
filter to put in the cr's, or if you have a JetDirect card, try printing
to queue "text".
Trousers with a single hole in their waistband are topologically equivalent
to a doughnut. These sugarcoated trousers have yet to catch on at fast-food
outlets! (SuperStrings by F. David Peat)

If replying by e-mail please mail wol. Anything else may get missed amongst
the spam.

help printing with an hp laserjet 6l "staircase" effect even more postscript problems

Post by Alan L » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Read the Linux printing HOW-TO. You'll need a filter, like gs-aladdin, since
the printer doesn't have native support for postscript.

Hope that helps,

Alan

: i would appreciate a little help setting up my hp laserjet 6l

: since it prints the staircase effect on regular text and,

: all kinds of funky stuff for postscript (probably the real contents of a
: ps file).

: thanks!!

1. SCO OSR 5.0.2 - "Staircase" effect problem in remote laser printing

Hi all. I've recently set up a remote laser print queues on
a SCO OSR 5.0.2 machine, that spools print jobs to remote
laser printers via one of those multi-port print server
(EXTENDNET branded).

The print queue works fine, however, the print job outcome
is somewhat different from what I expected.

Here's an example:

(What I expected to get)

This is a test.
This is a test.
This is a test.

(What I actually get)

This is a test.
               This is a test.
                              This is a test.

It seems like all the carriage returns and form feed
characters have been filtered out. I have a SCO UNIX
3.2v4.2 on the same LAN, which spools out print jobs
the same way as machine running SCO OSR 5.0.2, but
prints perfectly OK otherwise. Any idea? Thanks.

--

CSD/FSD IC Software Engineer        Phone: +852 2882 2282 x.172
Asian Electronics Ltd., Hong Kong   Fax  : +852 2577 9493

2. Directed/Congruent topologies

3. How to print a postscript file to HP Laserjet 6L?

4. How to disable built in video

5. "Staircase" effect in X/Mono

6. Ram Disk

7. fixing "staircase effect" ?

8. GCC 2.95.3 and 3.2 and sparc-solaris-2.8 -> link and long long int problems

9. "staircase effect" in XFree86

10. The "Staircase Effect"

11. "" printing postscript ""

12. help: "Video7 1024i HT208A" or "HP D2382A" on HP Vectra