Anybody familiar with iomega JAZ drive (SCSI)?

Anybody familiar with iomega JAZ drive (SCSI)?

Post by Joonyoung Par » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I've installed the Linux 5.0 successful.

Please let me know how to mount the JAZ disk on Adaptec SCSI.

Post by Erik de Castro Lop » Mon, 16 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> I've installed the Linux 5.0 successful.

> Please let me know how to mount the JAZ disk on Adaptec SCSI.

Just treat it like a normal SCSI hard drive.

Works for me,
Erik
--
+-----------------------+-------------------+---------------+
|  Erik de Castro Lopo  |  Self-confessed   |  Linux / GNU  |

+-----------------------+-------------------+---------------+

Unsolicited Broadcast Email is Forced Pay-per-view Advertising.

1. iomega 2GB jaz drive (with iomega SCSI) and RedHat 5.2, installation problem #3

After a week of frustration, I realize I should probably have looked
into the hardware compatibility lists before I got this fancy new
computer
from Microcenter (a PowerSpec6320). There are several hardware
components that are not supported by Redhat Linux 5.2:
* a 3DLabs Permedia 2 graphics card
* a Netgear Fast Ethernet adapter FA310TX
* a iomega SCSI adapter (came with the new 2GB jaz drive)

In this message, I get to the last point: How can I "reach" my jaz
drive? Apparently the iomega SCSI adapter is not (yet) supported by
RedHat.
Otherwise, I have the impression that it would boil down to a simple
mount
question. Does anyone have experience with this card and the 2GB jaz
drive?
Although this is the least of my installation problems, it would of
course be nice to
get the system run as a whole.

Again: any help appreciated,
Martin.
Dr. Martin Schultz
Department for Engineering&Applied Sciences, Harvard University
109 Pierce Hall, 29 Oxford St., Cambridge, MA-02138, USA

phone: (617)-496-8318
fax  : (617)-495-4551

Internet-homepage: http://www-as.harvard.edu/people/staff/mgs/

2. copyright on manuals based on open source software

3. iomega JAZ + iomega SCSI

4. kppp password box

5. Help with Iomega SCSI Jaz drive...

6. Reboot hangs in 2.0.35 Slackware

7. 2.0.24: Repeatable SCSI aic crash w/ IOMEGA Jaz drive

8. latin-* fonts

9. Installing Redhet 5.0 on a Iomega Jaz drive (SCSI Adaptec 2940)

10. 2.0.24: Repeatable SCSI aic crash w/ IOMEGA Jaz drive

11. Using Iomega Jaz drive ( if they ever come out) as a Boot drive???

12. Jaz drive / PCMCIA Jaz SCSI card???

13. Jaz drive and Jaz Jet SCSI PCI card -- is it supported?