chat wont! please help!

Post by Robert Schnitze » Sun, 01 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I've been trying to get PPP for over a day now, but can't seem to get it to work.  This is what i have:

Kermit works fine for using the modem for dial out.

For chat, the modem is not giving the expected response for any of the signals it is sent.  For example it
won't respond to ATZ.  Of the 50 or so times i've run chat, it actually did dial out ONE time, then never
did again.  (i thought i fell asleep and dreamed that happened, but sure enough, the message file showed that
it had worked).  chat failure makes the message file look like this:
...chat[117]: send (ATZ^M)
...chat[117]: expect (OK)
...chat[117]: alarm
...chat[117]: failed

platform:
486DX4 with Holtek IDE, Archtek Smartlink 14,400 modem
Slackware v3.0, Linux kernel 1.3.18

if you have any ideas, please help, else i am doomed to stick with windoze 95.  Please email me or post if you'd
prefer.

-Robert Schnitzer

1. Urgent Help Required Regarding A Chat Program,PLEASE HELP,PLEASE

        I have a dial up Internet connection. That means each time I
log on to the net I get a dynamic IP address. I got an assignment of
making a chat program in Linux platform. I made a server and a client
program using message queue. The server can accommodate many clients at
a time and the clients can chat between them though all the programs
must run in one machine.

        I want to that if when I am connected to the Internet and run the
server program on my computer. Can my friends who are also using dial
up ppp connection access my server and chat among themselves using my
client program. Just like yahoo messenger. Obviously I will change my
program and implement it using sockets.

        Can I do this? If not then why? If yes then give me some idea about
it.
        Please someone help me. It is very urgent.

2. dialup user: speed problems - something must be wrong!!

3. *HELP* chat and modem wont work

4. How to configure Apache cache to work at all?

5. Help! Chat wont work

6. NetManager::prepare: bind (TCP) failed, errno: 98

7. Urgent Help Required Regarding A Chat Program,PLEASE HELP

8. Workman-1.2.2a

9. PPP/CHAT: chat won't chat with modem, why?

10. Help please- recompiled 1.3.18 kernel wont boot....

11. Modem wont respond... help please

12. KDE Wont compile. Please help

13. Help please- recompiled 1.3.18 k wont boot