www servers?

Post by Andy Dolph » Thu, 31 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know of any WWW servers for linux?

  Andy Dolphin

www servers?

Post by 92907.. » Tue, 05 Sep 1995 04:00:00

: Does anyone know of any WWW servers for linux?

:   Andy Dolphin

You can get it from sunsite:

sunsite.unc.edu   by ftp. It is httpd.
in directory
/system/network/info-systems/http-???

It don't really remember the exact filename but it is something like that.

Ken Lee

www servers?

Post by Unix Consulti » Tue, 05 Sep 1995 04:00:00

: : Does anyone know of any WWW servers for linux?
:
: :   Andy Dolphin

: You can get it from sunsite:
:
: sunsite.unc.edu   by ftp. It is httpd.
: in directory
: /system/network/info-systems/http-???
:
: It don't really remember the exact filename but it is something like that.
:
: Ken Lee
:

I run apache - check out "http://www.apache.org". The current version is
0.8.11.
--
-------- Thomas Bullinger ------- Specializing in Linux systems --------
* Installation * Setup * Maintenance * Training * Software * Information

* WWW:   http://btoy1-gw.roc.servtech.com/~consult

1. Novell Netware WWW Servers versus Linux WWW Servers

Hi,
  could you please consider this posting on behalf of a colleague :

        Does any one have experience with Novell Netware  WEB servers, e.g.
        Sitebuilder ?
        Are they stable, do they properly support modern WWW facilities, such as
        CGI, SSI?
        Unless I provide my college with strong reasons in favour of a Linux
        based WWW server, they will switch to a Novell Netware based one, due to
        the lack of Unix expertise within the college.
        I will be most grateful for any advise on this matter.

        Persephoni

        Dr Persephoni Karaolani, Senior Lecturer, I.T. Department,
        Liverpool Hope University College, Woolton Road,

Thanks in advance.

                        Paul

Paul Hazlewood
Research Assisstant
I.T. Department,
Liverpool Hope University College, Woolton Road,
Liverpool L16 8ND

2. TACACS

3. FreeBSD Web servers (was Re: NT server vs workstation for WWW server)

4. How to use ACLs directories (Masks?)

5. WWW SERVER: New, small, fast and FREE web server

6. X11R4 X server on Sun3 CG

7. Linking www server to ftp server question. . .

8. Frustrated with Linux Email Clients?

9. apache www server with frontpage server extensions

10. Possible to config DNS to go to 2nd WWW server when primary server down?

11. How to build WWW server and EMAIL server?

12. How to build WWW server and Email servers?

13. WWW server to SQL Server