Linux Laptop config database?? Linux Laptop NG?

Linux Laptop config database?? Linux Laptop NG?

Post by Kim & Jo » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Does a database of Linux configuration settings for laptops exist?  If so
where?  I have found pages dealing specifically with running Linux on the
IBM Thinkpad family and NEC Versa laptops, and I'd like to see more.

I'm really interested in running xwin on a subnote.  But which one to buy?
Any suggestions?  Are there Linux Laptop newsgroups?

TIA
J. Vitosky

Post by Dr. Stephen S. Ke » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

: Does a database of Linux configuration settings for laptops exist?  If so
: where?  I have found pages dealing specifically with running Linux on the
: IBM Thinkpad family and NEC Versa laptops, and I'd like to see more.

: I'm really interested in running xwin on a subnote.  But which one to buy?
: Any suggestions?  Are there Linux Laptop newsgroups?

: TIA
: J. Vitosky

Well, your first stop might be the Linux Laptop Home Page:

        http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/

Another good place to start might be the laptop page at Linux Online:

        http://www.linux.org/hardware/laptop.html

No doubt there are others you can find via a web search.

Good luck,

-- Stephen S. Kerr

1. Linux Laptop Volunteer Support Database back online

2. strerror with g++ dumps core

3. Linux 8.0 on Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop -- config questions

4. Trouble with NFS demaon on RH 7.2 and kernel 2.4.16

5. NEC Versa Laptop: anything I need to know about config for linux?

6. Can my system run Linux?

7. Laptop NG

8. Solaris C++4.0.1 doesn't support #pragma pack(n)!!?

9. Laptop To Laptop Data Transfer

10. Laptop to laptop

11. problem install redhat in my laptop gateway 9550 (laptop won't boot from CD)

12. The answer to your laptop questions....Sun's first ever laptop!