Caldera 1st Preview Support!

Post by rept.. » Sat, 24 Jun 1995 04:00:00

     I ordered my copy two days ago and it arrived today!
Anyways, I installed it this morning and been messing
around with it all day. Seems there is alot more it than
I imagined.  At this moment there is no personal support
tor this Preview version.  I noticed there are a few users
here that recieved Caldera and there are a few others
in the comp.os.linux.misc group.  Since setup is a
breeze and I m sure that others will have some problems
once inside the desktop, I propose we share our
experiences and our Caldera problems in the
comp.os.linux.misc group.  I will post my difficulties
as well as victories there...

Post by Jeffrey Gilbe » Sun, 25 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>     I ordered my copy two days ago and it arrived today!
>Anyways, I installed it this morning and been messing
>around with it all day. Seems there is alot more it than
>I imagined.  At this moment there is no personal support
>tor this Preview version.  I noticed there are a few users
>here that recieved Caldera and there are a few others
>in the comp.os.linux.misc group.  Since setup is a
>breeze and I m sure that others will have some problems
>once inside the desktop, I propose we share our
>experiences and our Caldera problems in the
>comp.os.linux.misc group.  I will post my difficulties
>as well as victories there...

I installed my copy and it works fine...  Seems like its a very well
planned out package.  Worth the $29...

Jeff

Post by rept.. » Tue, 27 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>  I installed my copy and it works fine...  Seems like its a very well
>  planned out package.  Worth the $29...

>  Jeff

     Yeah, well worth the $29.  One thing I like alot is the keyboard
access to the menus and selections (alt-f for the File menu, etc.).
I could not find anything like that under the regular interface.

     One more thing I found wrong was that when I am in a directory
window, when I move around the icons using the arrow keys,
I can move in a and then it will skip some icons, or it will not let
me move to the left.  anybody encounter this?

     Oh yeah, where is XV?

Post by Donnie Barn » Tue, 27 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>>  I installed my copy and it works fine...  Seems like its a very well
>>  planned out package.  Worth the $29...

>>  Jeff

>     Yeah, well worth the $29.  One thing I like alot is the keyboard
>access to the menus and selections (alt-f for the File menu, etc.).
>I could not find anything like that under the regular interface.

>     One more thing I found wrong was that when I am in a directory
>window, when I move around the icons using the arrow keys,
>I can move in a and then it will skip some icons, or it will not let
>me move to the left.  anybody encounter this?

I can't comment on that...haven't tried it.

Quote:>     Oh yeah, where is XV?

xv is not distributable under the copyright on it.  Other distributions
may be doing it, be we will not take the risk.  It is shareware, and
not freely distributable.

--Donnie