Logint thru Serial Port

Post by Ricardo Cost » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 05:12:40

Hi, I need to login in Linux thru the Serial Port, or thru the irda port,
can anyone help me on that.

Thanks

Ricardo Costa

Logint thru Serial Port

Post by John To » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 07:13:47

        Text-Terminal-HOWTO and man getty

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:12:40 -0000, Ricardo Costa

--
_____________________
The lap of Linuxury
|<de in RH6

1. Downloading thru serial port

At college I have a 57.6 serial connection in my room.  I was able to download
over it last year, but this year I'm not able to do so.  When I try seyon
locks up and many times so does my whole system.  I'm using Zmodem protocol.
When I try it through Dos I get an Internal Stack Overflow Error, System Halted.
If I disable the 16550 FIFO option on my Dos term program I can download at
38.4, but I want to do it in Linux.  My internal modem was hit by lightening
this summer, but that isn't connected to my IO card in any way, besides the
motherboard.  Does anyone have any solutions to this?

        Jon Schewe

        Computer Science Major
        Michigan Tech University

2. sndconfig problems

3. 7006-410 console thru serial port

4. Problem with Redhat 6.1 / SMC Etherpower II on Dell 2400

5. Getting 115.2 Kbps Thru SPARC 20 Serial Port

6. TTy setup Help

7. Connecting to an AIX box thru serial port

8. Help: collision SCCS and C format

9. E 420R installation thru serial port

10. tape backup thru serial port?

11. Are these normal PPP speed rates thru serial ports?

12. serial port on v490 and Serial port on StorEdge 3510

13. Serial port to serial port copying software